LSAMP Resources & Opportunities
The Cal Poly LSAMP program offers a variety of resources for its students ranging from financial support to finding undergraduate and graduate opportunities, networking events, and a community for LSAMP students. LSAMP strives to offer opportunities for all its students. Check out some of the opportunities below!
Financial Support & Assistance
The Cal Poly LSAMP program offers direct financial support for specific opportunities upon acceptance and approval of a qualifying LSAMP student's Request for Funding application.
What financial support does LSAMP provide?
Community College Transition (CCT) Transfer Program
The Community College Transition (CCT) Transfer Program is a pilot program designed by LSAMP and the College of Science & Mathematics to aid incoming transfer students in their transition to the Cal Poly community.
Undergraduate and Graduate Funding
The Cal Poly LSAMP Program is a great resource when searching for undergraduate scholarships and fellowships, scholarships, and other programs for graduate school. The following are a few of the many possibilities available. For more up-to-date information, make sure to subscribe to our weekly newsletters!
LSAMP offers advising in areas such as graduate school planning, finding undergraduate research opportunities, career development, and can also help point you in the right direction to various on-campus resources.
Graduate School Planning
Thinking about graduate school? It’s never too early to start thinking about grad school and LSAMP offers many resources to help get you started.
Personal Statements and Statements of Purpose
Need help writing a Statement of Purpose or a Personal Statement? Check out some of the resources listed below. Need someone to review your work? Schedule an appointment to receive personalized feedback from LSAMP staff.
- What's the Difference?
- Statement of Purpose: Highlights why you are applying to graduate school with a specific focus on your academic and professional goals
- Personal Statement: Highlights your personal background, which is not necessarily academic or professional
- Writing a Winning Personal Statement
- LSAMP Personal Statement Checklist
- Sample Statement of Purpose
- Schedule a Statement Review Appointment with LSAMP
Graduate School Funding
Additional On-Campus Advising
Cal Poly has various advising centers including College Advising, the Mustang Success Center, Career Services, Student Academic Services, Multicultural Engineering Program, and other advising resources.
For a complete list of advising centers visit the Academic Advising Centers site.
Other Advising Services
Visit the Academic Advising Centers website for additional services.
- Center for Engineering, Science, And Mathematics in STEM Education (CESAME)
- College of Engineering International Exchange Program (IEP)
- Multicultural Agriculture Program (MAP) Student Center
- Multicultural Engineering Program (MEP)
- Student Academic Services (SAS, EOP, TRIO)
- Pre-Health Career Advising
- International Center
- Career Services
- Study Abroad
Networking & Community-Building Events
LSAMP holds various events throughout the year that provide opportunities to network with different faculty and staff on campus. For upcoming events, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter or visit our events page for an events calendar.
Coffee & Connections
Our Coffee and Connections events are a great opportunity to engage in conversations about undergraduate experiences with various professors and faculty on campus. Visit our events page to see when the next Coffee & Connections event is happening.
California Forum For Diversity In Graduate Education
Undergraduate Research Panels
Tips For Professional Networking
Research & Professional Development
Showing you have research experience as an undergraduate student can help enhance your graduate school application.
Finding a Research Experience
LSAMP continuously gets new research experience announcements. For the latest postings make sure to check the weekly LSAMP newsletter. Use our guide below to learn more about undergraduate research experiences. For additional help, schedule an appointment with an LSAMP advisor.
There are multiple databases and resources that can connect you with the programs that interest you the most. Below are a few examples:
- Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP)
- "Guide to Summer Enrichment & Post Baccalaureate Programs" by the Science Educational Equity Program at CSU Sacramento*
*This guide is not a link, but a printed book available for checkout from the LSAMP Office.
- Institute for Broadening Participation (BP): Pathways to Science
- National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs)
- Pre-Health Dreamers*
*Pre-Health Dreams lists internships that do not require U.S. Citizenship or legal permanent residency
- SFSU Undergraduate Internship & Research Opportunities Database
- The Leadership Alliance Summer Research - Early Identification Program
- University of California Summer Research Opportunities
- UCSB Research Programs & Opportunitites
- University of Central Florida Office of Undergraduate Research
- University of Hawai'i at Manoa Internship & Summer Research Opportunities
Cal Poly LSAMP is supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. HRD-0802628 and the CSU Chancellor's Office, and coordinated by the Center for Engineering, Science, and Mathematics Education (CESAME) at Cal Poly, SLO. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in these materials are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.