Applying to CSU-LSAMP at Cal Poly
CSU-LSAMP Program at Cal Poly Student Benefits
The CSU-LSAMP Program at Cal Poly provides financial support & assistance, advising, networking & community building, professional development, and various other opportunities for its students.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
To be eligible for the CSU-LSAMP Program at Cal Poly, students must:
Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Be an enrolled Cal Poly undergraduate STEM major who faces or has faced social, educational, and/or economic barriers to careers in STEM. Examples of social, educational, and/or economic barriers include:
From a racial-ethnic group that is recognized by the National Science Foundation as "historically underrepresented in STEM: African American, Hispanic American, American Indians, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Native Pacific Islanders"; or
Low income (as represented by Pell Grant, EOP, or SSS eligibility or via eligibility for need-based financial aid) or;
A first generation college student [no parent has completed a B.A. or B.S.]; or
- A U.S. military veteran; or
A foster youth or at any time were in foster care; or
Disability-eligible based on documentation from the Disability Resource Center.
Be an undergraduate major in one of the following majors:
College of Agriculture, Food, & Environmental Sciences
Agricultural and Environmental Plant Sciences
Agricultural Systems Management
BioResource and Agricultural Engineering
Environmental Earth and Soil Science
Environmental Management and Protection
Forestry and Natural Resources
Wine and Viticulture
College of Architecture & Environmental Design
College of Engineering
Liberal Arts and Engineering Studies
College of Liberal Arts
|Liberal Arts and Engineering Studies
College of Science & Mathematics
Kinesiology and Public Health
Orfalea College of Business
Industrial Technology & Packaging
How to Apply
- Information needed to complete the application can be found in your My Cal Poly Portal, or from personal experience.
- You do not need to complete the application in one sitting; you may save your work and return at a later time.
- The application is hosted by Alchemer and can be found by clicking here.
- If you need any assistance, please contact the CSU-LSAMP at Cal Poly Office or email us!
2. Meet with a CSU-LSAMP Faculty or Staff Advisor at Cal Poly
- Don't worry, this part isn't an interview for selection...it's an opportunity for us to get to know you!
- At this meeting, we'll discuss your educational & career goals, and how LSAMP can support you on your path toward achieving them.
*Students who do not meet all eligibility requirements do not need to apply to attend LSAMP events. Events are open to all students.
CSU-LSAMP at Cal Poly is supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. HRD-1826490 and the CSU Chancellor's Office, and coordinated by the Center for Engineering, Science, and Mathematics Education (CESAME) at Cal Poly, SLO. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in these materials are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.